Touched by ALS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for all who have been touched by this devastating disease.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» ALS Awareness
The hazards of "pocket dialing" EmptyFri May 13, 2011 1:30 pm by MrsAck

» Mid-Cingulate Cortex Degeneration in ALS
The hazards of "pocket dialing" EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 1:04 pm by MrsAck

» African Animals Getting Drunk From Ripe Marula Fruit
The hazards of "pocket dialing" EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 7:42 pm by LarryR

» Site options and how to use them
The hazards of "pocket dialing" EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 12:06 pm by MrsAck

» Snake oil salesmen-60 Minutes
The hazards of "pocket dialing" EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 5:40 pm by MrsAck

» RACISM???? (funny)
The hazards of "pocket dialing" EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 7:46 pm by MrsAck

» FOR ALL THE LADIES I KNOW THAT DRIVE ALONE!
The hazards of "pocket dialing" EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 7:44 pm by MrsAck

» Raising Awareness
The hazards of "pocket dialing" EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 5:53 pm by MrsAck

» Applying for Social Security Disability
The hazards of "pocket dialing" EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 1:18 pm by MrsAck

Poll
Did you take statins before being diagnosed with ALS?
Yes, but quit when I started having symptoms
The hazards of "pocket dialing" I_vote_lcap50%The hazards of "pocket dialing" I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
Yes, but quit when diagnosed
The hazards of "pocket dialing" I_vote_lcap0%The hazards of "pocket dialing" I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes, but no longer take them for other reasons
The hazards of "pocket dialing" I_vote_lcap0%The hazards of "pocket dialing" I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes, still taking them
 0% [ 0 ]
No, never took them
The hazards of "pocket dialing" I_vote_lcap50%The hazards of "pocket dialing" I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

The hazards of "pocket dialing"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MrsAck

MrsAck

The hazards of "pocket dialing" Empty
PostThe hazards of "pocket dialing"

We have a friend/neighbor who is a great "barbecue-er". Mark is about to open a restaurant just up the road. Last weekend, he asked us if we would like to go check it out (even though it isn't quite ready yet).

After looking at the place and giving the thumbs up, we all decided to go next door and have a beer. It was actually quite a pleasant evening, since Larry got out for a little socializing (never one of his missions in life). The issue arose, after we decided to come home.

Our friend was driving his buddy, Jason, home, when he inadvertently pocket dialed Larry's phone. Larry missed the call, but I wish he hadn't, because he would likely have hung up when he realized Mark didn't know he dialed the phone. Little did anyone know at the time, but Mark left a 15 min voice-mail on Larry's phone, about how the business would be great, about Marks little brother, and then....the discussion between them about how much worse Larry is getting, and how he needs to get a few things done, because "at this rate he won't be around long".

Now this shouldn't be a surprise to Larry or me, but Larry has done his level best to make sure everyone knows he is "about the same" when they ask. It was actually more of a validation for me, because I see him deteriorate, and since he says he is not getting worse, I think I am exaggerating things. Now I know it isn't just me that see the progression. But to Larry it was a bit of a rude awakening, because he thought he was fooling everyone (maybe even himself).

I guess the moral of the story is, make sure you lock the keypad on your phone to prevent pocket dialing.
Back to top Go down
https://tbals.forumotion.com
Share this post on: reddit

The hazards of "pocket dialing" :: Comments

No Comment.

The hazards of "pocket dialing"

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Touched by ALS :: Touched by ALS :: An Open ALS Blog-
Jump to: