Touched by ALS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for all who have been touched by this devastating disease.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» ALS Awareness
Site options and how to use them EmptyFri May 13, 2011 1:30 pm by MrsAck

» Mid-Cingulate Cortex Degeneration in ALS
Site options and how to use them EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 1:04 pm by MrsAck

» African Animals Getting Drunk From Ripe Marula Fruit
Site options and how to use them EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 7:42 pm by LarryR

» Site options and how to use them
Site options and how to use them EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 12:06 pm by MrsAck

» Snake oil salesmen-60 Minutes
Site options and how to use them EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 5:40 pm by MrsAck

» RACISM???? (funny)
Site options and how to use them EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 7:46 pm by MrsAck

» FOR ALL THE LADIES I KNOW THAT DRIVE ALONE!
Site options and how to use them EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 7:44 pm by MrsAck

» Raising Awareness
Site options and how to use them EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 5:53 pm by MrsAck

» Applying for Social Security Disability
Site options and how to use them EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 1:18 pm by MrsAck

Similar topics
    Poll
    Did you take statins before being diagnosed with ALS?
    Yes, but quit when I started having symptoms
    Site options and how to use them I_vote_lcap50%Site options and how to use them I_vote_rcap
     50% [ 2 ]
    Yes, but quit when diagnosed
    Site options and how to use them I_vote_lcap0%Site options and how to use them I_vote_rcap
     0% [ 0 ]
    Yes, but no longer take them for other reasons
    Site options and how to use them I_vote_lcap0%Site options and how to use them I_vote_rcap
     0% [ 0 ]
    Yes, still taking them
     0% [ 0 ]
    No, never took them
    Site options and how to use them I_vote_lcap50%Site options and how to use them I_vote_rcap
     50% [ 2 ]
    Total Votes : 4

Site options and how to use them

Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    MrsAck

MrsAck

Site options and how to use them Empty
    PostSubject: How do I change my personal settings?   Site options and how to use them EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 12:06 pm

All your settings (if you are registered) are stored in the database. To alter them click the Profile link (generally shown at the top of pages but this may not be the case). This will allow you to change all your settings.
    Back to top Go down
    https://tbals.forumotion.com
    MrsAck

MrsAck

PostSubject: How do I prevent my username from appearing in the online user listings?   Site options and how to use them EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 12:01 pm

In your profile you will find an option Hide your online status; if you switch this on you'll only appear to board administrators or to yourself. You will be counted as a hidden user.
    Back to top Go down
    MrsAck

MrsAck

PostSubject: I keep getting unwanted private messages   Site options and how to use them EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 12:00 pm

if you keep receiving unwanted private messages from someone, inform the board administrator -- they have the power to prevent a user from sending private messages at all.
    Back to top Go down
    MrsAck

MrsAck

PostSubject: How do I create a poll?   Site options and how to use them EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 11:57 am

Creating a poll is easy -- when you post a new topic (or edit the first post of a topic, if you have permission) you should see a Add Poll form below the main posting box. If you cannot see this then you probably do not have rights to create polls. You should enter a title for the poll and then at least two options -- to set an option type in the poll question and click the Add option button. You can also set a time limit for the poll, 0 being an infinite amount. There will be a limit to the number of options you can list, which is set by the board administrator
    Back to top Go down
    MrsAck

MrsAck

PostSubject: How do I add a signature to my post?   Site options and how to use them EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 11:56 am

To add a signature to a post you must first create one; this is done via your profile. Once created you can check the Add Signature box on the posting form to add your signature. You can also add a signature by default to all your posts by checking the appropriate radio box in your profile. You can still prevent a signature being added to individual posts by un-checking the add signature box on the posting form.
    Back to top Go down
    MrsAck

MrsAck

PostSubject: Site options and how to use them   Site options and how to use them EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 12:24 pm

Forum Posts:

Posting works like any other forum, but here, you can also post as a guest. If you are going to visit often, we suggest that you sign up, so that some of the other areas will also be available to you, but it is not necessary.

Polls:

These work just like regular posts, except that at the bottom of the message body is an option for a poll. Start a new post, click on the "+" at the right end of the "Add a Poll" bar (located below the regular message area), and complete the requested info. Now anyone can vote and comment, and you can see the results.

Chat:

You must be a registered user in order to use the chat function. Once you have registered, and signed in (you can sign automatically after the first login) just click on the "LOG IN" link in the upper right corner of the chat box.
    If you click the "Archives" link in the upper right of the chat box, you can see recent messages from others, as well as who has been in chat and when.

I will add more info as time permits...
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Site options and how to use them   Site options and how to use them Empty

Back to top Go down

Site options and how to use them
    Page 1 of 1